Have you ever received a nasty text or email?
Have you ever NOT responded to said snarky email or text?
Well, I decided to do that for a change.
Generally, I am or was the type that felt compelled to respond
to an angry message immediately.
I do not back down from a good discussion (or argument)🙋♀️.
But, in this case, I didn’t want to keep the ball in play.
You don’t have to respond to every communication
that comes your way.
You don’t have to fight fire with🔥.
Sometimes, the sheer act of no response helps
de-escalate a situation (sometimes not).
You get to decide how you want to respond.
* Pause for a moment.
* Does your response help or put more fire on the situation?
* What is the desired outcome?
* What might be going on with the other person?
* Would picking up the phone and talking help?
* Would writing a response and saving it in draft format (and reviewing later) help?
There are always choices. Immediacy is not always the answer.
Take your time.
Say It like it is,